Introduction to the Index to the Environmental Risk Management Authority’s 1080 Documents
This Index demonstrates:
- The quality of the data used by ERMA in making its decision and setting controls.
- The risks to biodiversity and human health caused by 1080 poison.
- The quality of the scientific data supplied by the applicants (the Department of Conservation and the Animal Health Board) to support its use.
The Index was designed to make access to the information used by ERMA easy and fast. It is arranged into 49 subject sections (e.g. bats, invertebrates, Tb). Each section contains quotes from the following documents, in turn:
- Agency’s Appendices A-T (the information gathered for ERMA’s Committee by ERMA’s Agency)
- Applicants’ References (scientific references supplied by DoC and the AHB)
- Committee Decision
For each subject, the quotes from the Committee Decision come last, so you can examine how the Committee has responded to the information given to it.
It is intended that the quotes in this index are not used in isolation but as a means of accessing the information used by ERMA. For each quote in the Index the name of the original document and the page number are provided so you can find it in the original document. An additional number is also provided – this refers to a number stamped on a copy of the original documents (this makes finding the quote very easy).
The stamped copies of the original documents are available on this site ERMA DOCUMENTS
Read the Science